Typhoid fever is an infection that spreads through contaminated food and water.
It is a bacterial infection due to a specific type of Salmonella enterica, and Salmonella typhi.
That can lead to a high fever, diarrhea, and vomiting.
Bacteria enter through the mouth and spends 1-3 weeks in the intestine. After this, it makes its way through the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream. From the bloodstream, it spreads into other tissue and organs.
Typhoid is diagnosed by detecting the presence of salmonella typhi (S. Typhi) via blood, stool, urine sample.
Causes and risk factors
- Typhoid is caused by bacteria (salmonella typhi) and spread through food, drinks, and drinking water that are contaminated with infected fecal matter.
- Washing fruits and vegetables with contaminated water.
- Bacteria can survive for weeks in water or sewage.
Symptoms begin from 6 to 30 days after exposure to the bacteria.
The incubation period is usually 1-2 weeks and the duration of illness is about 3-4 weeks.
- Fever as high as 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Poor appetite.
- Body pains and abdominal pain.
- Loss of appetite.
- Rash (rose spots on the chest of a person) with fever.
- In 1st-week temperature rises slowly and fever fluctuations are seen with weakness, headache, and cough.
- In 2nd-week the temperature rises (104 degrees Fahrenheit). Delirium can occur, where the patient is calm, but sometimes become irritated. Rose spots appear on the lower chest.
- Rattling breathing sounds are heard in the base of the lungs.
- In the 3rd-week complications are –
Low platelet count (thrombocytopenia).
- Widal test.
- Complete blood count.
- Body fluid and tissue culture:
- Stool culture
- Urine culture
- Blood culture
- Wash your hands before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid drinking contaminated water. Drink only boiled water or aqua filter water.
- Avoid raw fruits and vegetables.
- Sanitation and hygiene are important.
- Typhoid vaccines are licensed for use for the prevention of typhoid.
- Avoid direct contact with people who are sick.
- Never eat food from street vendors.
- Eat only pasteurized dairy products.
- Do not have ice in drinks.
Homeopathic treatment of Typhoid at Dr. Chhabra
At Dr. Chhabra healthcare clinic we believe in fine needlework treatment according to one’s mental and physical health.
Many factors contribute to the selection of medicines like loss of appetite, stress, pain, fever, etc.
Our remedies are well selected by a team of doctors, improving the efficiency of the body.
Homeopathic medicines heal your inner layer of the stomach and cure lethargic feelings.
After taking the first dose of homeopathic medicine, you will see relieve in your symptoms like fever, body pain, diarrhea, etc.
There are no side effects of homeopathic medicine if you are taking medicines under the doctor’s advice.