Leukemia is a cancer of blood cells that usually affect the leukocytes or white blood cells along with bone marrow (which produces blood cells). The blood cells which are not fully developed are called leukemia cells or blast cells, it begins in the bone marrow.
These bad cells reduce the power of the body’s ability to fight against infection. Leukemia is one of the serious condition or a disease which lead to the death of a person because of low immunity due to this abnormal production of the blood cells or the white blood cells.
It can develop slowly or very quickly. So, slowly developing blood cancer comes under chronic leukemia, and rapidly growing blood cancer comes under acute leukemia.
Types (Blood Cancer)
There are four types.
- One involving myeloid cells are known as myelogenous leukemia.
- Which involves lymphocytes are called lymphocytic leukemia.
- Acute myelogenous leukemia(AML): The most common which occurs in children and adults. It affects WBC’s of the body which leads to the rapid growth of abnormal cells. Myeloid or myelogenous starts with granulocytes and monocytes of the WBC’s in bone marrow as it is acute so it comes very fast and sometimes it affects other organs of the body after entering into the bloodstream.
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia(ALL): It is also known as lymphoblastic leukemia. It spread or progress very quickly as it is acute lymphocytic leukemia. It develops because of the immature or early form of blood cells. ALL easily spread towards the parts of the body especially the lymph nodes, liver, spleen, and some other organs. Lymphocytic leukemia affects B-cells and T-cells of the lymphocytes which are the antibody maker and destroyer cells of the lymph nodes.
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia(CML): It is slowly developing myeloid cell cancer. It develops due to the genetic or chromosomal changes of the myeloid cells. Due to genetic changes in myeloid cells, it produces abnormal genes known as BCR-ABL which convert into CML cells. Such types of slow-growing cancer cells later affect the other organs of the body. (CML sometimes convert into AML)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia(CLL): Common cancer in adults with a slow-growing process. It develops or starts in cells of white blood cells called lymphocytic cells inside the bone marrow. These chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells later spread in the lymph nodes along with other parts of the body like the liver, spleen, spinal cords, etc.
The exact cause of leukemia is still not known but it develops due to the damaged DNA of the blood cells or some unusual chromosomes.
- More exposure to high radiation.
- Exposure to some chemicals like benzene.
- Having a genetic history of blood cancer or other genetic diseases like down syndrome.
- Tobacco and smoking.
- Blood disorders.
- Weakness and easy fatigue.
- Unknowingly weight loss.
- Excessive sweating without any workout.
- Swelling of the lymph nodes.
- Continuously low-grade fever for a long time.
- Small red spots on the skin.
- Body ache and bone pain.
- Enlargement of the spleen and liver along with lymph nodes.
- Bleeding easily.
- Recurrent infection with fever.
- Loss of appetite.
- Some times vomiting and seizures.
Homeopathic treatment for Leukemia at Dr. Chhabra
Our Homeopathic remedies come with a great approach in the case of leukemia. Our medicines firstly improve the vitality of the patient and to improve the general health of the cancer patient by eradicating some serious troubles like unbearable pain and great weakness.
We have such great Homeopathic medicines that help to maintain the upset parameters of the blood content during leukemia like it prevents the infection from the blood cells and keeps them in a healthy ratio.
Even homeopathic treatment also helps in removing the bad effects of other conventional treatments like chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
It helps and plays a great role in such cases by stopping the further spread of the disease towards other organs.
Maintaining oxygen saturation in blood, maintaining blast cell ratio, healing of unhealed wounds, stopping of internal bleeding, maintaining all the blood parameters, and improving patient’s overall health by immune-boosting remedies helps homeopathic approach at Dr. Chhabra treat patients with good results.