Fatty liver occurs when too much fat builds up in liver cells. Heavy drinking, too much alcohol leads to a build-up of fat inside your liver cells, which makes it harder for the liver to work.
But you can get a fatty liver disease even if you don’t drink alcohol.
When fatty liver develops in someone who drinks a lot of alcohol, it is known as alcoholic fatty liver disease. And when it develops in the non-alcoholic form it is known as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
It is also known as hepatic steatosis.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Insulin resistance.
- High blood pressure.
- Alcohol is one of the causes of fatty liver due to the production of toxic metabolites.
- Drinking too much alcohol.
- Exposure to toxins.
- Self medications.
- Oily food, fast food (junk food).
Two forms of fatty liver disease are
- Alcoholic liver disease – Accumulation of fat in the liver as a result of heavy drinking.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease – Occurs in people who are not heavy drinkers. Cases of non-alcoholic liver disease are unknown.
Risk factors are obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Fatty liver disease is a silent disease because a person might not experience any symptoms even as the disease progresses.
- Enlargement of the liver.
- Pain in the right side of the abdomen (right hypochondriac region).
- Discomfort in the upper right side of the abdomen.
- Feeling sick and nauseous.
- Abdominal swelling.
- Loss of appetite.
- Bloating of the abdomen.
- Improper digestion.
- Fluid build-up in the abdomen.
- Swelling of veins.
- Cirrhosis of the liver.
- Hepatic encephalopathy.
- Blood test
- Complete blood count.
- Liver function test.
- Fasting blood sugar.
- Lipid profile.
- HbA1c, which shows how stable your blood sugar is.
- Abdominal ultrasound.
- CT-SCAN, MRI.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Eat a healthy plant-based diet, green vegetables.
- Avoid full-fat cheese.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid red meat.
- Avoid self-medication.
- Manage your diabetes.
- Protect yourself from hepatitis C.
- Stay at a healthy weight, lose weight if you need to. If your weight is healthy, work to maintain it by choosing a healthy plant-based diet and exercise.
- Avoid exposure to toxins.
Homeopathic treatment of Fatty Liver at Dr. Chhabra
Treatment at Dr. Chhabra is personalized according to the patient’s condition. Not only physical conditions are kept in mind but psychological factors such as stress, anxiety are also monitored.
Our anxiety and stress direct our endocrine system to produce such hormones, which directly impact our physical health.
Treatment at Dr. Chhabra healthcare not only helps to improve the functions of the liver but also helps in reducing the size of the liver.
There is no side effect of homeopathic medicine.