It is also known as urticaria, nettle rash, or hives. It is not contagious. Hives usually cause itching, but may also sting or burn.
They can appear anywhere on the body, including the face, ears, lips, tongue. They can last for hours, or up to one day before fading.
Urticaria varies in size (small pea size to a dinner plate). In most cases, hives are caused by an allergic reaction to medication or food reaction to an irritant in an irritant in the environment.
Types of Urticaria
- Acute urticaria (temporary) – most common cause allergy to certain foods, medications.
- Chronic urticaria – it appears for more than six weeks and reduces frequently over a month or years.
- Hives arise when certain cells release histamine and chemical into your bloodstream.
- Allergy to certain food (nuts, eggs, chocolate).
- Exposure to sunlight.
- Insect bites.
- Animal dander.
- Tight clothes.
- Exposure to hot and cold.
- Excessive sweating.
- Dust mites.
- Hives may disappear and reappear over the course of the outbreak.
- It may turn white when pressed.
- Raised, bumpy skin.
- Burning and stinging sensation.
- Restlessness because of severe itching.
- It can last anywhere from half an hour to a day.
- Red-colored skin surrounded by raised area.
- Physical examination.
- Skin prick allergy test.
- Blood test – ESR.
- Avoid the things you are allergic to.
- Avoid high-humidity areas.
- Don’t wear tight clothing.
- Avoid known triggers.
- Don’t scratch or rub the skin.
- Wash your hands after touching pets.
- Do not use harsh soaps on the skin.
- Avoid foods and medicines that have triggered hives in the past.
- Use cosmetics carefully, read labels carefully.
Homeopathic treatment of Urticaria at Dr. Chhabra
Homeopathic medicine enhancing one’s immune system to fight foreign bodies or induced diseases and restricting the future development of disease. Homeopathic medicines are not only side-effect-free but also reduce the already produced side effects of other diseases.
The most important part of homeopathic medicine is that it treats the patient as a whole.
After taking the first dose of homeopathic medicine you will see the calmness of the symptoms like the aggressive itching will calm down.