Amenorrhea is the absence of menstruation, one or more missed menstrual periods. It can be temporary or permanent. There are times when you are not supposed to get your period, such as before puberty, during pregnancy and after menopause, lactational amenorrhea.
If amenorrhea lasts for more than 3 months, it should be investigated.
Every month, hormones prepare the body for pregnancy ovulation then occurs. If there is no pregnancy, the uterus shedding its lining. That shedding is the menstrual period.
Hormones responsible for menstrual cycle:
- The hypothalamus controls the pituitary gland.
- The pituitary gland produces a hormone that instructs the ovaries to ovulate.
- Ovaries produce an egg for ovulation and the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
- Uterus responds to the hormones and prepares the lining. The lining sheds as the menstrual period if there’s no pregnancy.
Types of Amenorrhea
- Primary Amenorrhea: When you have not gotten the first period by the age of 15 or within 15 years of the first sign of puberty.
- A chromosomal or genetic problem with the ovaries.
- Hormonal issues.
- Missing part of the reproductive system.
- Secondary Amenorrhea: When you miss a period for 3 months in a row or more, but before you have been getting regular periods.
- Birth control pills.
- Poor nutrition.
- Chronic illness.
- Eating disorder.
- Ovarian tumor.
- Pituitary disorder.
- Other hormonal disorders – PCOS, hypothyroidism.
- Absence of your monthly period.
- Hair Loss.
- Changes in breast size.
- Hair growth on your face and body (excessive).
- Vaginal dryness.
- Weight gain.
- Pelvic pain.
- Anger, irritable behavior.
- If you have never menstruated, get a regular physical and pelvic check.
- Secondary amenorrhea:
- Pregnancy test.
- Thyroid function or TSH.
- Ovary function: FSH(follicle-stimulating hormone) or luteinizing hormone levels.
- Testosterone level check detects PCOS.
- Estrogen level check.
- Try to maintain a healthy diet.
- Do regular exercise.
- Losing weight through dieting and exercise if obese.
- Reduce stress.
- Maintain your calcium and vitamin D to keep bones strong.
- Get regular and adequate sleep.
- Maintain a healthy weight and eat a healthy diet.
- Be aware of your menstrual cycle.
Homeopathic treatment of Amenorrhea at Dr. Chhabra
- If you suffer from an irregular menstrual cycle. Homeopathy medicine may take quick action on it and beat symptoms very quickly.
- Our medicines reduce the stress level because of their rapid action on your mind which relaxes your mental health.
- At Dr. Chhabra Healthcare we believe in tailor work treatment according to one’s mental and physical health.
- Our remedies are well selected by a team of doctors, improving the efficiency of the uterus, ovaries. Symptoms like facial hair growth, hair fall are cured.
The most important part of homeopathic medicine is that it treats the patient as a whole